Sponsorships Sports Sports Schedule Links e-mails Directors
Rules of The Game
Brain Busters is a trivia based game that tests your knowledge on science, television, movies, music, history, sports, and much more. Your goal is to be the team of players at the end of all 3 rounds with the most points scored.
HOW TO PLAY
Round 1 (Reflex Round):The Reflex Round is a fast paced question and answer session that tests how fast your brain and reflexes work together.
1) The Host will ask a true or false question.
2) The Team that buzz's in first after the question has been asked can do one of the following:
Answer the Question Correctly - If the team answers the question correctly, that team will receive a Buster Point. A Buster Point is a card that can only be used in the Buster Round, that gives your question to the other team to answer. In essence you are switching questions with the other team. Once a Buster Point is used the opposing teams question will then become yours to answer.
Answer the Question Incorrectly - If the team answers the question incorrectly the opposing team will receive a Buster Point.
3) The Reflex Round will come to an end after 4 minutes.
Round 2 (Buster Round):In the Buster Round there will be 5 different trivia categories to choose from with each category having a set of 3 different questions for each team. The 3 questions will range from easiest to hardest, easiest being worth 1 point, next 2, and the hardest worth 3 points.
1) The team with the most Buster Points will go first.
2) The team tells the Host which category and question level he/she wants to answer.
3) The Host will then read the question to the team.
4) Once the team has received the question they have 20 seconds to do one of the following:
Answer the Question Correctly - If the team answers the question correctly they will receive the points that were allotted to that specific question.
Answer the Question Incorrectly - If the team answers the question incorrectly the points that were allotted to that specific question will be subtracted from their total point score. The opposing team will then have a chance to answer the question if the opposing team does not wish to answer the question they can pass.
Use a Buster Point - If the team decides they do not want to answer the question they can use a Buster Point. In order to use a Buster Point a player from the team will tell the host "We are going to bust the other team." The host will then collect the Buster Point Card, and reread the question for the other team to answer.*NOTE - A Buster Point is a card that can only be used in the Buster Round, that gives your question to the other team to answer. In essence you are switching questions with the other team. Once your team uses the Buster Point the opposing teams question will then become yours to answer. Only one Buster Point can be used on a set questions.* Once the team answers the question the Host will automatically read the question that was allotted to the other team for the team that used the Buster Point to answer. Remember a Buster Point switches the questions around it does not erase the question.
5) Once the question has been answered the teams will alternate turns.
6) The Buster Round will come to an end once all 30 questions have been answered or 16 minutes have elapsed, which ever one comes first.
Round 3 (Brain Round):The Brain Round is the last of the 3 rounds. In this round both teams will be given the same category and final question to answer.
1) The Host will read what category the final question will be taken from.
2) Both teams will wager any or all of their points earned and write that wager on a white board.
3) After the wagers are in the Host will read the final question.
4) Once the teams have received the question they have 20 seconds to write their answers down on a white board.
5) After both teams have answered the question the Host will first ask the team with the least amount of points to show their wager and answer. The Host will let them know if there answer is correct or incorrect. If the answer is correct the amount of points wagered will be added to their point score, if the answer is incorrect the amount of points wagered will be subtracted from their point score.
6) The Host will then ask the team with the most points to show their wager and answer.
WINNING THE GAME
The team with the most points after the Brain Round is the winner.